Sport Accord Announce Ministry Of Sport As Media Partner
Ministry of Sport is proud to be named as a major media partner for the world’s most premier sporting conference, which is now only one week away.
Sport Accord is the only event that annually brings together international Olympic Committee (IOC) members, international sports federations, rights holders, organising committees of major global sports events and leading sports players worldwide and it’s being hosted in Australia for the first time in 2019.
This is the most significant meeting of sports representatives being hosted in the next two months, as 1500 representatives from up to 100 countries, representing 500 different international sports federations converge on the Gold Coast from the 5th to 10th May 2019.
In preparation for this world-class event, Ministry of Sport has arranged Nova Radio’s Matt De Groot to talk all things Sport Accord with Australian Olympic Committee CEO, Mr Matt Carroll.
Global leaders from across the sporting industry confirmed for this year’s SportAccord Summit, include:
- Basketball – Andreas Zagklis – Secretary General, FIBA
- Cycling – Amina Lanaya – Secretary-General, UCI
- Hockey – Thierry Weil, CEO, FIH
- Triathlon – Antonio Arimany, Secretary General ITU
- Volleyball & Beach Volleyball – Luis Alexandre Pontes Rodrigues, Director for Asia & Oceania, FIVB
- Aquatics – Cornel Marculescu, Executive Director, FINA
- Athletics – Helen Delany, Senior Manager, International & member federation relations, IAAF
- Football – Marion Mayer-Vorfelder, Olympic Tournaments Group Leader, FIFA
- Rugby Union – Brett Gosper, CEO, World Rugby
- Tennis – Kelly Fairweather, COO, ITF
- Netball – Clare Briegal, CEO, INF
- Surfing – Robert Fasulo. Executive Director, ISA
- Baseball – Beng Choo Low, Secretary-General, WBSC
- Esports – Leopold Chung, Head of international relations, IeSF
- Former United Nations (UN) Secretary-General and former South Korean Foreign Minister, H.E. Ban Ki-moon