NBCUniversal Strengthens Olympic and Paralympic Media Partnerships with Twitter and Snapchat
NBCUniversal has announced new and expanded partnerships with two major social media platforms, Twitter and Snapchat, to amplify its coverage of the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games Paris 2024.
These agreements are part of a larger effort by the media giant to reach more viewers and provide increased reach and scale for advertisers. Dan Lovinger, President of Olympic Ad Sales and LA28 Sponsorships, said the partnerships will maximize the unique strengths of each platform and create endless opportunities for their marketing partners to reach and engage fans across the U.S.
“At NBCUniversal, we’re working with social media platforms to maximize the unique strengths of each platform and deliver the greatest impact for advertisers,” said Lovinger.
Twitter and Snapchat will provide exclusive content for U.S. audiences, including competition highlights, key U.S. Olympic Team Trials moments and daily athlete or event clips leading up to the Opening Ceremony on July 26, 2024.
Throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Games, NBCU will feature many of the most memorable and engaging moments and key highlights on its Twitter handle and in Spanish on the Telemundo Sports Twitter account. Snapchat will also bring custom content to its Spotlight tab, as well as custom AR experiences available in the Snapchat camera, to help Snapchatters express their fandom. NBCUniversal’s partnerships with Twitter and Snapchat represent its commitment to technology and deepening relationships with new and longstanding partners.
The media giant has invested in technology and One Platform, allowing it to reach one billion people,with these social partnerships, the company will deliver even more content for viewers and advertisers.
Twitter Partnership Highlights:
– Pre–Games Countdown Coverage featuring Olympic–related competition highlights, key U.S. Olympic Team Trials moments, and a “Paris 25–Day Countdown”
– In–Game Highlights including medal–winning moments as well as those from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies
– Exclusive Twitter Live Show featuring Olympic coverage highlights, athlete interviews and happenings in and around the host city
– All content will live on the @NBCOlympics handle.
Snapchat Partnership Highlights:
– Daily In–Game Highlights covering real–time special moments, athlete features and more
– Custom Olympic and Paralympic Content including daily Stories from the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, plus content on Snapchat’s Spotlight tab every day of the Olympics
– Compelling experiential content delivered by a roster of Snap Stars immersed in Paris
– Custom AR experiences available in the Snapchat camera to help Snapchatters express their fandom
– All content will live on the NBC Olympics handle.