Gold Coast Turf Club Set for $370 Million Redevelopment
The Gold Coast Turf Club is set for a major redevelopment, which will include a number of apartments flanking the finishing post. The $370 million Sunlight Lifestyle Precinct, named after the 2018 Magic Millions 2YO Classic winner Sunlight, is a joint project between Aquis Australia and the Gold Coast Turf Club, located in Bundall.
This ambitious project is broken up into two parts; a separate $63 million application to build three new racing and training tracks, and a 1.8 hectare urban renewal and enhancement project.
The urban renewal project will feature eight new buildings over a seven–year period, including three high–rise towers housing 557 apartments, four three–level buildings with eight apartments each, and a five–level building with 63 service apartments. The project has been designed by Woods Bagot, and will also have a significant ground plane, with a number of retail and commercial tenancies.
The development offers a unique opportunity to create an exciting sub–tropical, mixed–use precinct within the Gold Coast Turf Club Equine centre. “Sunlight is conceived as a catalytic development within the wider Turf Club precinct and aims to create a unique lifestyle & tourism destination that contributes to the Gold Coast‘s economy,” Woods Bagot noted in their Design Statement submitted to the Gold Coast City Council.
Rooftop amenity is a major focus of the project, with the residential buildings, currently dubbed Tower A and Tower B, having a combined 369 apartments, and featuring a swimming pool with day beds, and outdoor dining area with barbecue facilities, a sauna and spa, and an indoor function room. Tower C, the tallest tower at 19 levels, will have a two–level space with a pool, cabanas, day beds and pavilions, restaurant dining, bar space, a second plunge pool, VIP lounge and function space, as well as 154 apartments.
Sunlight Lifestyle Precinct Fast Facts:
• Tower A (Residential) – 17 storey residential with 184 apartments, 20,030m2 GFA
• Tower B (Residential) – 16 storey residential with 185 apartments, 19,902m2 GFA
• Tower C (Residential) – 19 storey residential and rooftop function with 154 apartments, 19,448m2 GFA
• Building D (Residential) – 2 storey residential and ground level retail with 8 apartments
• Buildings E (Residential) – 2 storey residential and ground level retail with 8 apartments
• Buildings F (Residential) – 2 storey residential and ground level retail with 8 apartments
• Buildings G (Residential) – 2 storey residential and ground level retail with 10 apartments
• Building H (Short Stay Accommodation) – 5 storey short–stay accommodation with 63 keys, 3,882m2 GFA Sunlight Lifestyle Precinct promises an artisan atmosphere through the infusion of exciting shopping, food markets, wellness, dinning and entertainment precincts, short stay serviced apartments and residential apartments.
Responding to local climatic conditions, the lifestyle precinct‘s sub tropical architecture is designed for healthy living, with open floor plans, multiple indoor–outdoor spaces, articulated green walls and public water gardens.
The stunning Sunlight Sky Garden, open to the public and featuring lush gardens, open–air infinity wet edge pools, day beds, and a restaurant, will offer spectacular panoramic views overlooking the racetrack and Gold Coast skyline.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.