a
HomeUncategorizedCricket Australia Posts $18 Million Surplus Whilst Code Of Conduct Charges Drop 74%

Cricket Australia Posts $18 Million Surplus Whilst Code Of Conduct Charges Drop 74%

Cricket Australia Posts $18 Million Surplus Whilst Code Of Conduct Charges Drop 74%

The 2018/19 operating surplus of $18.2m is $9.9m more than the previous year and has also been accompanied by an overall improvement in player behaviour – with code of conduct charges dropping 74% at all levels from national teams to country competitions.

“The past year has been a time of healing for Australian cricket,” Eddings wrote in CA’s annual report, which was released on Thursday at the organisation’s annual general meeting.

“We have focused on building a purpose-led culture … following a challenging 12 months.

“Australia’s men’s team has shown their commitment to restoring their connection with each other and the Australian public.

“It was a year which redefined the way Australia would play, in a spirit the whole country can be proud of.”

Cricket Australia’s chief executive officer, Kevin Roberts, said there had been a focus on rebuilding trust after the ball-tampering scandal of the men’s Test team in South Africa in March last year.

“With a focus on rebuilding trust and improving performance on and off the field, we are pleased to announce another year of strong financial performance,” Roberts said.

He said funding for state and territories over the next four years would increase from $100m to $450m, with a “significant portion” steered to community cricket infrastructure and development, including 58 new community roles to support cricket in local communities.

In the 2018/19 season, more than 2.16 million people attended international, BBL and WBBL games.

Share With:
Rate This Article
No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.